I remember being pregnant, and up all night because I was too hot, cold, uncomfortable or too worried about having all the right stuff to sleep. What would I do with my insomnia? Surf the web looking for ways to ease my mind of course! So when it comes to hunting down the Top 10 Baby Necessities for you Infant, trust me when I say I’ve done the research and the worrying for you!
Mostly I was on Pinterest building up my “Little Boy” and Parenting Preparation Board and looking through every single top 10 list I could find on a blog made by a real mother.
Here is my tried and true list of top ten things I/we used when we brought him home from 0-3 months.
Bonus Mom Tip: Become an Amazon Prime Member… FREE 2-Day shipping on Diapers means no lugging that car seat carrier into stores at late hours! Also, register for Ebates, so that when you DO make an Amazon Order, go through Ebates first and get 2% cash back… You’ll thank me later.
1. Boppy Pillow: Our Baby- It seems obvious enough, but you’ll use this nearly EVERY DAY until they can support themselves better. I know that there are many other support pillows out there and ones that might even be better for you, but I liked this because it was so “stiff” and firm and it was easier for me to support my elbows on it while breastfeeding. We also let just about every relative use it when they held him the first time!
“This glider has a smooth rhythm that will soothe your little one back to sleep as he or she nurses. You’ll enjoy the relaxing motion and the super padded, soft upholstery. The position lock lets you find a comfortable position and secure it in place when you don’t feel like gliding. The reclining position supports you if you want to get a little rest while your baby breastfeeds. You’re going to love this piece of furniture more than anything else you own.” Our Baby- That last line is seriously true….even though this chair seems like such a splurge, think about how much time you’re going to spend in it! For the first three months I think I spent at least half the day in this one spot, in this one chair. Every time you feed your baby and every time you rock him/her to sleep, or even just to read a book. Not only that but I’m pretty sure the reclining feature on this chair saved my life for the last month of my pregnancy… this chair was literally the only place in our entire house where I was comfortable enough to sleep! HERE is the link to the exact one we have.
5. BOB Revolution SE Single Jogger Stroller: Our Baby- This is my husband’s single most favorite baby item, which is great because he used it the most. We were out walking around the middle school track with this stroller the week we came home from the hospital. The all terrain tires provide for such a smooth ride over any surface that the baby sleeps through the whole trip. It is also so easy to handle, it practically pushes itself, but then it has a great parking break that is really durable.
6. Graco Duet Connect 2-in-1 Swing and Bouncer: Our Baby- We LOVE this swing and consider it the staple of our baby system. Fortunately for us the way that our house is laid out we have positioned this swing on a corner that is pretty much in the center of all commotion. When Cash sits in the swing he can observe just about everything except for one nook in the kitchen. He would literally hang out in this chair for hours just looking at us as we buzzed around him doing chores, laundry, making bottles, etc. Also, the chair can be removed and used as a bouncer, so we would put it on the floor to play with him, I’d bring it in my office so he could sleep with me in a smaller space as I worked, etc AND the chair vibrates! It soon earned the name of “poop chair” in our house and old faithful has never let us down since! As you know if you have newborns, poop is a big deal, and if it doesn’t happen for a while they get supper frustrated and fussy. This chair calms it right out of him every time!
7. Floor Activity Gym: Our Baby- As you will soon learn, there isn’t much a newborn can do when they are awake yet. We really enjoyed this activity mat because it has the motion activated noise and light tiger, meaning that the setting is activated to blink and sing when there is motion on the arms. Cash would then reach and kick the arms of the structure (which are foam) to make it light up. He also learned to reach for the rattles and toys suspended above him. Sometimes he would even play himself to sleep.
8. Baby K’Tan Baby Carrier: Our Baby- I absolutely LOVED this carrier for when he was little. It is such an organic feel, like wearing a soft shirt and they are just still a part of you. I dress in very loose fitting clothing already so this was totally my style which is maybe why I liked it so much, it was just like putting on another scarf or wrap, very natural. He was also very secure and cozy in it. I could wear it up to 7 different ways, though I only used it for 3. He did get a bit to “squirmy” for it when he got strong enough to wriggle around and want out. It definitely isn’t constricting or “industrial” enough to contain a rambunctious kiddo. I upgraded to the Baby Bjorn which we’ll discuss in 3-6 Month Necessities.
9. GracoPack ‘n Play Playard with Newborn Napper Station LX: Our Baby- This was the perfect location to safely lay him down while in the living room or traveling to family’s houses after he was born to do the unavoidable “Tour de Babe”. It also vibrates and has a light on it for checking on him at night. I actually took the light pack off of the pack and play and put it on the Arms Reach Bassinet for the 3 months he slept in our room. Bottom line- Every one needs a portable crib for whenever you’re going to leave home for a few days. Plus it will be useful when they get older.
Well there you have it, my Top 10 Necessities for a 0-3-Month-old baby. I want to make it perfectly clear that I am listing these items on my own true experiences and their value to me and my husband as new parents. I received no free products in exchange for this review. They actually have no idea I exist. *However I did link to products with my Amazon Affiliate links, so I will make a tiny commission if you so happen to buy something 🙂
Affiliate Disclaimer: My blog is heavily monetized with numerous affiliate links throughout. If you click on these links and make a purchase I earn a small commission. THANK YOU for helping me build the boys’ college savings accounts! Please feel free to visit all of our affiliates and read the entire disclosure/disclaimer HERE
1 thought on “Top Ten Baby Necessities 0-3 Months for new parents”
[…] and helpful. Best of luck and check back in for my 6 to 9 Month list! Review my 0-3 Month List HERE Prepare for your 9th Month Nesting HERE and stock your freezer for that first week home HERE and […]