Talk about some serious #MomWinning that happened this week! Here we are in the trenches of summer ending and Back to School and the To-Do Lists are piling up. What should cross my path but an AWESOME alternative to buying my boys clothing?! By total luck, I discovered Kids on 45th and am so glad I did!
Kids on 45th | What is it?
In short, it’s a subscription box, of sorts, for kids’ clothing. Founded by Moms, the company ships pre-loved, super-affordable clothes for your kids to your door. You can buy up to 17 items for $35.
You can subscribe to seasonal boxes for convenience, but they’ll email you before they ship and you can opt to cancel. This makes the subscription part much easier knowing you’re not locked into anything. There are no subscription fees with the strings attached.
Where do the clothes come from?
You’ve probably noticed on my Instagram stories that I LOVE bargain hunting and shopping garage sales for the boy’s clothes. I admit that despite the fun I’m having, it takes a lot of time for often little payoff. With Kids on 45th, they’re taking the time for me. They search the country for great secondhand clothing for your kids so you don’t have to! They also have a storefront in Seattle, WA where they sell clothes and handle the occasional buyout with overstock retailers. That’s why some clothes ARE brand-new!
How does it Work?
Through an online profile I made with them, I told Kids on 45th two things: (1) what types of clothing Wyatt needed and wanted, and (2) the sizes. Then, their stylists dug into their stock for some adorable finds to drop in the mail. I sat at home and kicked my feet up, skipping the thrift run and garage sale digging in the heat. With a few clicks, I added shirts and pants to my K45 Box and they did the choosing. Such a good surprise and Happy Mail!
Wyatt’s Box from Kids on 45th
I chose Wyatt to receive this box as a really fun Happy Mail for him going back to school. As the youngest, he rarely gets his “own” new clothes and is always covered in hand-me-downs. With Kids on 45th, all the clothes were NEW to him and within budget for me. He also LOVES getting Happy Mail as you all know!
A Few more points from Kids on 45th
- Fast and Easy: Making life easier for busy moms with a 2-minute online shopping experience. No decision fatigue necessary: just choose the items you want, and we’ll choose the clothes!
- Saving Moms Time + Money: No trips to the mall, no searching through the racks at the secondhand store, no scouring through pages of online retailers or searching for promo codes required!
- Best Back to School Shopping: The perfect way to get your kids a lot of clothes for back to school. Our big-kid clothes are an especially incredible value, with items from as little as $2.49 and topping out at $12.99!
- Low Prices: Our prices start at $1.99 for baby items and top out at $12.99 (for big kid jackets). Free shipping when you spend $65
- We Listen to What You Want: We have a Happiness Policy – if you don’t love something in your box, it’s a quick two taps on your device to get a credit for the item.
No Subscription Necessary: And no styling fees, ever.
Start Building YOUR Box at Kids on 45th
This experience was definitely one I’m planning to do again. When it gets to be winter here and the only vehicles leaving the driveway are Postal, I’ll be even more grateful!
Start Building your box and use my referral code: KANDI for $10 off your first box.
Affiliate Disclaimer: My blog is heavily monetized with numerous affiliate links throughout. If you click on these links and make a purchase I earn a small commission. THANK YOU for helping me build the boys’ college savings accounts! Please feel free to visit all of our affiliates and read the entire disclosure/disclaimer HERE