For Cash’s 10th (9 3/4) Birthday, he challenged me to create an entire Escape Room themed around Harry Potter. AND IT WAS A JOY but took me months to get right! I’m going to walk you through this whole party, clue by clue, and maybe your little wizards will want to dive into this Party with Wands A blazing. This post covers one clue of the ten we did.
You can navigate the setup of this party through my blog posts starting here: MAIN POST: How to throw an Epic Harry Potter Birthday Party
Here is the direct link to the Wizarding Mystery EBOOK and Printable Suite: Wizard Escape Room | Wizarding World, Who Done it Mystery, Birthday Party Theme | PRINTABLE
Diagon Alley | Clue 3
This was the most fun clue in our Birthday Party Escape Room theme. It was a hunt for Gringott’s Gold inside the Alley “bricks” or grey balloons. Wizards needed to collect enough gold to lift the scale and reveal the clue underneath one side. We used a pin wand to pop balloons one turn at a time. Here is how you set it all up:
Clue 3 – Directions:
- Players need the PIN Wand
- Cut apart the 6 individual coded letters
- Put 10 Goblin Coins and 5 Code Letters inside 15 random Grey Balloons
- Make a Balloon arch with the Grey Balloons
- Set up your scale to be unbalanced. The heavy side should weigh the same as 10 coins will.
- Put the LAST Code Letter under the heavy side, to be revealed when all 10 coins lift it.
- Cut/Frame the 4″x6″ Directions for players/kids/wizards.
How to Pass this Clue:
- Players take turns popping Balloons until all 15 objects are found.
- Coins go on the scale lifting plate to reveal the final letter
- Decode then Unscramble.
- Eliminate Hagrid.
- Move on to Clue 4
Clue 3 Diagon Alley Shopping List
CUT APART EACH CODE LETTER AND ROLL INTO 5 BALLOONS
PLACE THE H FLAT UNDER THE HEAVY SIDE OF THE SCALE WITH THE GOBLIN NOTE.
Be sure to place it upside-down so players cannot peek as the scale begins to balance.
- You might also want to tape it in place.
Shop this Party on Amazon
Shop this Party on Etsy
Plan a Party with Me! It’s sort of my thing…
See all of our past Birthday Parties and visit the Etsy Shop to plan your own! The Vintage Event on Etsy