1 54 145
Happy Holidays! If you’ve been keeping up on Instagram, I’m hosting Christmas breakfast this year. Therefore, I have been putting myself through the ringer trying to nail down the perfect quiche recipes to serve. This one, Veggie Medley Quiche was so pretty nobody wanted to cut it! Not only is it oh so pretty, but also delicious! #MomWinning
Veggie Medley Quiche
Prep Time 25+ mins | Cook Time 60 mins | Serves 8
- Pie Crust
- 3 Large Eggs
- ½ Cup Half & Half
- 1 Cups Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Eggplant
- 1 Yellow Squash
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400*F and prepare pie crust in a 9” pie plate. Set aside
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, Ricotta cheese and half & half until smooth.
- Using a Mandoline Slicer, slice your zucchini, eggplant, red pepper, and yellow squash into strips
- Pour egg/Ricotta mixture in the pie crust
- Use the veggies slices to circle your pie crust, starting on the outer edge, and working in, by standing them on edge.
- Cook 60 minutes or until your pie crust is golden brown and the middle doesn’t jiggle.
- This one takes a while to cook as all the veggies add a lot of liquid.
- Cool 10 minutes then serve!
I got to use my Mandoline Slicer from our wedding, which is always a plus. I cut the veggies in half lengthwise first and then ran them over the Mandoline. I then further trimmed them to make them fit uniformly in the pie crust.
Start circling your veggie slices from the outer edge, working in so that they stand up. I then poured in the egg mix and filled in the gaps with more veggies.
And you’re done!
Check out the Zucchini Ricotta Quiche Recipe too!
For more recipes visit the Mom in the Kitchen Page
1 54 145