I’d be lying if I didn’t confess this was my favorite clue. I’ve been wanting to create a Honeydukes Trolley Cart for YEARS, so this Bertie Bott’s Beans Clue was perfect!
For Cash’s 10th (9 3/4) Birthday, he challenged me to create an entire Escape Room themed around Harry Potter. AND IT WAS A JOY but took me months to get right! I’m going to walk you through this whole party, clue by clue and maybe your little wizards will want to dive into this Party with Wands-a-blazing. This post covers one clue of the ten we did.
You can navigate the setup of this party through my blog posts starting here: MAIN POST: How to throw an Epic Harry Potter Birthday Party
Here is the direct link to the Wizarding Mystery EBOOK and Printable Suite: Wizard Escape Room | Wizarding World, Who Done it Mystery, Birthday Party Theme | PRINTABLE
Bertie Bott’s Beans | Clue 10
Now this is the last official clue of the entire “Who Done It” Harry Potter Party Mystery. I’ve designed it so that you can choose your winner. In my Ebook (link above) you’ll get this elimination chart which you frame. Then, you need to make sure you have 19 different beans of the “Every Flavor Bertie Bott’s Beans.” The last wizard/person left on the chart is who has the Mystical Wand of Fire.
This Clue is so fun because each kid attending gets to be daring since you don’t know what each bean tastes like. I of course knew because I had the chart that comes with the beans on my clipboard, so I was able to eliminate the one that we wanted. Shown as “Booger” below. I took that bean out so that nobody would eat it. Then as our kids determined what they ate, they crossed it off. You can determine your last person by the bean you leave out.
So for this Mystery, the person who had our Wand of Fire was Seamus (Cash’s favorite) because his bean wasn’t identified. It could have easily been Fred Weasley if I had removed the Cherry bean.
Clue 10 – Directions:
- You will need as many boxes of Bertie Bott’s Every Flavor Beans as there are Players, Plus 2 boxes to make the Clue.
- Go through the 2 extra boxes and make sure there is one of every flavor in the chart.
- Display on a tray for taste testing. IE like the Candy Trolley.
- Remove the Booger Flavor! There should only be 19 of the 20 on the tray.
- Do not display the Chart KEY, that is for your eyes only.
- Cut/Frame the 4″x6″ Directions for players/kids/wizards.
Cut/Frame the 8″x10″ Chart for players/kids/wizards. – Display for Players
How to Pass this Clue:
- Players volunteer to taste-test Beans
- If the Bean flavor is on the chart, Cross out that name- As that person doesn’t have the wand.
- After all the Beans are eaten, every space on the chart is crossed out other than Booger/Seamus since you removed it.
- Seamus has the Wand of Fire!
- **You can choose the final person based on which bean you remove. Just be sure to print a picture.
Shop this Party on Amazon
Shop this Party on Etsy
Plan a Party with Me! It’s sort of my thing…
See all of our past Birthday Parties and visit the Etsy Shop to plan your own! The Vintage Event on Etsy