A tidy and organized kitchen can make cooking and meal prep much easier and enjoyable. However, over time, kitchen cabinets can accumulate clutter and grime, making it difficult to find what you need and leaving your kitchen looking messy. In this guide, we will walk you through ten simple steps to deep clean and declutter your kitchen cabinets.
How to Deep Clean and Declutter Your Kitchen Cabinets
Start by taking everything out of your cabinets and wiping down the shelves. Then, assess each item to see if it’s something you really need or use regularly. Donate or discard any items that are no longer needed. Consider using shelf risers or small baskets to maximize space and keep things organized. Once you’ve sorted through everything, carefully put the items back in a way that makes sense to you, such as grouping similar items together. Take the time to wipe down the exterior of the cabinets as well, and consider adding some shelf liners for a fresh look. By following these steps, you’ll have a beautifully organized kitchen that makes meal prep a breeze!
The 10 Easy Steps
- Remove all items from your cabinets and group them by category (e.g. baking supplies, dinnerware, spices).
- Discard any items that are expired, broken, or that you no longer use or need.
- Wipe down the interior of your cabinets with a damp cloth or sponge to remove any dust or debris.
- Remove any shelf liners and replace with new ones if necessary.
- Use a mild detergent or cleaning solution to clean the exterior of your cabinets, including the doors, handles, and knobs.
- Clean the items you plan to keep before putting them back in the cabinets.
- Consider investing in organization tools, such as shelf risers, drawer dividers, or lazy susans, to maximize space and keep items organized.
- Reorganize your cabinets by placing items back in a logical and easy-to-reach manner.
- Label any containers or jars to make it easier to find what you need.
- Regularly maintain your cabinets by wiping down surfaces, discarding expired items, and reorganizing as needed.
With these ten simple steps, you can deep clean and declutter your kitchen cabinets, making it easier to find what you need and keep your kitchen looking neat and tidy.
Snag my newest, 20 page Ebook, Deep Cleaning Everything in 10 Steps provides easy-to-follow checklists for 22 spaces in your home including:
- Kitchen cabinets
- Whole Kitchen
- Whole Dining Room
- Whole Living Room
- Bathroom Cabinets
- Laundry Room
- Washer & Dryer
- Outdoor Furniture
Affiliate Disclaimer: My blog is heavily monetized with numerous affiliate links throughout. If you click on these links and make a purchase I earn a small commission. THANK YOU for helping me build the boys’ college savings accounts! Please feel free to visit all of our affiliates and read the entire disclosure/disclaimer HERE