Keeping your refrigerator clean and organized is important for not only maintaining its efficiency but also keeping yourself healthy. A cluttered and dirty refrigerator can lead to spoiled food, unpleasant odors, and even harmful bacteria. Here are 10 steps to deep clean and declutter your refrigerator:
How to Deep Clean Your Refrigerator
- Empty the contents of your refrigerator: Start by removing all the items from your refrigerator and placing them on a clean surface. Sort through the items and discard anything that is expired or no longer needed.
- Remove shelves and drawers: Take out the shelves and drawers and wash them with warm, soapy water. If there are any tough stains, use a baking soda and water solution.
- Clean the interior: Use a damp cloth or sponge to clean the interior walls and ceiling of the refrigerator. Make sure to reach the corners and crevices where bacteria can accumulate.
- Clean the door gaskets: The door gaskets can accumulate dirt and grime over time. Clean them with a mixture of warm water and vinegar.
- Clean the exterior: Wipe down the exterior of the refrigerator with a damp cloth or sponge. Don’t forget the top, sides, and back.
- Clean the condenser coil: The condenser coil is located at the back of the refrigerator and can get clogged with dust and debris. Use a vacuum cleaner or a brush to clean it.
- Organize the items: Once everything is clean, organize the items in your refrigerator. Keep similar items together and place them in an easy-to-reach spot.
- Label the items: Labeling the items in your refrigerator can help you keep track of their expiration dates and avoid food waste.
- Check the temperature: Make sure the temperature of your refrigerator is set to the recommended level (between 35 and 38 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Repeat regularly: To maintain a clean and organized refrigerator, repeat these steps every few months.
By following these 10 steps, you can ensure that your refrigerator is clean, organized, and functioning at its best.
Snag my newest, 20 page Ebook, Deep Cleaning Everything in 10 Steps provides easy-to-follow checklists for 22 spaces in your home including:
- Kitchen cabinets
- Whole Kitchen
- Whole Dining Room
- Whole Living Room
- Bathroom Cabinets
- Laundry Room
- Washer & Dryer
- Outdoor Furniture