For Cash’s 10th (9 3/4) Birthday, he challenged me to create an entire Escape Room themed around Harry Potter. AND IT WAS A JOY but took me months to get right! I’m going to walk you through this whole party, clue by clue, and maybe your little wizards will want to dive into this Party with Wands-a-blazing. This post covers one clue of the ten we did. Platform 9 3/4.
You can navigate the setup of this party through my blog posts starting here: MAIN POST: How to throw an Epic Harry Potter Birthday Party
Here is the direct link to the Wizarding Mystery EBOOK and Printable Suite: Wizard Escape Room | Wizarding World, Who Done it Mystery, Birthday Party Theme | PRINTABLE
Platform 9 3/4 | Clue 4
This one was another favorite. (Are you starting to see how many balloons this party took?!) And so worth it. “Best do it at a bit of a run” was the quote for this Clue… kids had to relay-style run through the platform and stack packages onto a trolley cart. Now, here’s the thing, since I own this party rental company, I just so happen to have a folding chair truck Dolley that I used as my trolley cart. You’ll have to find something else. But I believe in you. If you’re local, I’ll consider renting mine out for your Harry Potter party 😉 I don’t recommend buying one (unless you need it) just for this party because they are expensive. Aside from that, here is everything else you need to set up this Clue 4 area:
Clue 4 – Directions:
- You will need a platform Banner, Numerous cardboard boxes, one per player, a minimum of 10, and a pushcart of sorts.
- Cut apart the 10 individual coded letters and tape them to packages. Packages need to be varied sized to stack
- Make a Platform arch to run through so the packages are hidden. Spread packages around behind the platform.
- Players relay, one at a time, through the platform, and stack a package on the push cart without it falling off.
- Set a 2-Minute timer for the “Train Whistle”
- Cut/Frame the 4″x6″ Directions for players/kids/wizards.
How to Pass this Clue:
- Players stack packages onto the pushcart when behind the platform. One at a time in a relay.
- If they stack all packages, without any falling off, within the 2-Min Train Whistle they win.
- Decode the letters on the boxes, then Unscramble.
- eliminate McGonagall.
- Move on to Clue 4
Clue 4 Platform 9 3/4 Shopping List
- Platform Backdrop
- Packages– Or use all the Amazon Boxes from ordering!
- Red Brick Balloons
- Balloon Arch
Shop this Party on Amazon
Here is a little “Behind the Scenes” shot of me preparing all the packages with the coded symbols so you can get an up-close look. I just saved a few Amazon boxes and wrapped them in craft paper.
Shop this Party on Etsy
Plan a Party with Me! It’s sort of my thing…
See all of our past Birthday Parties and visit the Etsy Shop to plan your own! The Vintage Event on Etsy