Who doesn’t like the sound of an Ice Cream Laboratory? Answer: Nobody. This is why I knew it was the perfect dessert idea for Cash’s 5th Element-themed Science Birthday Party. We got clever with our sprinkles in test tubes and let our little mad scientists go crazy. Their Chocolate Reagents and Caramel Plasmas made quite the beakers full of sundaes. If you need a science-themed dessert activity for your event, this one is highly recommended!
Ice Cream Laboratory
So the best part is, I made a sign you can use! It’s available in the Science Birthday Party Download, on Etsy. Snag it HERE: Science Birthday Party Printables | Science Party Labels | 24 Pages
It outlines each step for the perfect concoction of ice cream and elements. I sprinkled in lots of jargon too, so you’re scientists feel legit in their own laboratory. The most fun part though was using all of the Graduated Cylinders, beakers, test tubes, and squeeze bottles. You can find them all and more on my Amazon List for this party:
Ice Cream Topping Ideas
The possibilities are endless, but here is a quick list of the food and candies I used:
- Test Tubes: Filled with sprinkles of all shapes and sizes- Allotropes & Quarks
- Mike & Ikes- Electrons
- Nerds- Neurons
- Sour Straws (cut)- Protons
- Chocolate, Butterscotch & White Chips- Elements
- Marshmallows- Elements
- Apple Jacks Cereal- Cells
- Gummie Life Savers- Cells
- Champagne Berries- Binary Compounds
- Cake Batter Chips- Binary Compounds
- Pull N’ Peel Twizzlers- Binary Compounds
- Chocolate, Carmel & Strawberry Syrup/Sauce- Plasma
- Chocolate and Carmel Hard Shell Syrup- Reagent
- Marshmallow Fluff- Insider the syringes
- Blue & Orange Jell-O- Insider Syringes (Mostly because it was fun for the kids to squeeze it out!)
I made sure to get cups with lines on them so they looked like beakers in the laboratory. You can find those Ice Cream Beaker Cups on Amazon.
Quick Tips for a Successful Laboratory
The best thing we did was pre-fill the ice cream cups with one scoop and let them stay cold in our deep freezer. This saved us a lot of time because in the hot sun, everything melted pretty fast.
I highly recommend NOT setting your table out in the sun. Your supplies will most assuredly melt, and those chocolate chips were not fun to dig out of the cylinders.
I hope you enjoy your very own Ice Cream Laboratory soon and even pop around the rest of Cash’s 5th Birthday Party Posts. You can shop Science Birthday Party themes and ideas on my Etsy Shop, links below. And of course, from my Amazon List.
Etsy Science Party Listings
Plan a Party with Me! It’s sort of my thing…
See all of our past Birthday Parties and visit the Etsy Shop to plan your own! The Vintage Event on Etsy