You can’t have a Harry Potter Party without a little “Swish & Flick” No, you positively cannot. So this Wingardium Leviosa clue was at the top of my to-do list for planning. In fact, the Owlery Owl and these feathers were the very first things I ordered on Amazon!
For Cash’s 10th (9 3/4) Birthday, he challenged me to create an entire Escape Room themed around Harry Potter. AND IT WAS A JOY but took me months to get right! I’m going to walk you through this whole party, clue by clue, and maybe your little wizards will want to dive into this Party with Wands-a-blazing. This post covers one clue of the ten we did.
You can navigate the setup of this party through my blog posts starting here: MAIN POST: How to throw an Epic Harry Potter Birthday Party
Here is the direct link to the Wizarding Mystery EBOOK and Printable Suite: Wizard Escape Room | Wizarding World, Who Done it Mystery, Birthday Party Theme | PRINTABLE
Wingardium Leviosa | Clue 5
In this clue station, Wizards are finding the keys to the owl’s cages in the next clue station. Attached to each key is a coded letter excusing the next person who does NOT have the Mystical Wand of Fire. You can probably guess who this clue eliminates 😉 We made sure that our wizards pronounced it correctly as they moved their magnetic wands over the feathers to levitate out a key.
Clue 5 – Directions:
- You will need White Feathers, Mini Padlock Keys, and a Magnetic Wand.
- Cut apart the individual coded letters and attach them to keys.
- Using a large, flat tote, bury all the keys in the feathers.
- Students will use the Magnetic Wands to retrieve keys.
- Cut/Frame the 4″x6″ Directions for players/kids/wizards.
How to Pass this Clue:
- Players use the magnetic wand to retrieve keys.
- Some may have a Code Letter on them others may not.
- Retrieve all keys and letters.
- Decode the letters on the boxes, then Unscramble.
- eliminate Ron.
- Move on to Clue 6
Clue 5 Wingdardium Leviosa Shopping List
- White Feathers in Bulk
- Magnetic Wand(s)
- Mini Padlock keys (one for every player)
- Long, flat tote- like for wrapping paper
Shop this Party on Amazon
Shop this Party on Etsy
Plan a Party with Me! It’s sort of my thing…
See all of our past Birthday Parties and visit the Etsy Shop to plan your own! The Vintage Event on Etsy